Is This Thing On?

Talk about your your Hummer Replica, or the machine you want to build

Moderator: the JoKeR

Is This Thing On?

Postby JAG » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:40 pm

is anyone still out there building one of these?

I still haven't bought the plans set yet. However I have started buying Humvee Parts.

I have the hood. Canvas doors and top. Mirrors. Windshield. And a couple of other odd and end pieces.

I almost bought an 86 CUCV with 26K miles but it didn't have any axles springs or wheels. =/

I'm not sure if it is worth the $400 or not.
However the engine tranny and TC was still there.

I really wish people were still on here to be able to converse back and forth about their projects and about what steps should be taken next. Because I can go any sort of route I could possibly go as long as its around 30 inch wheelbase It can be done. I would like to stick with a diesel but I cannot afford a Cummins diesel one of the ones from a CUCV would work great but the transmission is only a 3 speed and the rear axle is a 4.56 gear what gear do I need to have in order to be able to do 80 down the interstate? 4.10? gear 3.73 gear?

plus it doesn't have air conditioning so it looks like I have to buy see you CV and a suburban in order to mix and match all the components together. Sigh. what in the world should I do
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

people are here

Postby may.hvac » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:04 am

hey man im just starting my build 2 gonna be striping my jimmy down it has a 6.2 diesel and a sm465 with a np 208 gonna stretch the frame 40 inches and use dana 60/80 or rockwell axles i wanna seat 9 in comfort and tow a 5th
35 foot camper and drive through a couple of compact cars and still drive home
i have 2 things in this world my balls and my word and i ain't breaking them for nobody
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby samuelscreech » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:23 am

did you buy the cucv ? 400 seems decent, you can afford to change gears for that price. 4.56 is pretty steep, the taller tire you run the lower your highway rpms will be, try this gear ratio calculator.

if u run the th350 trans and np205 with 37 inch tires you'll be spinning 3500 rpm at 80 !
if you change gears to 3.73 it'll come down to 2860 at 80

if you run 40 inch tires it'll bring it down to 2650 !
H1 Mentor
H1 Mentor

Postby capps » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:49 pm

I have not been on in a while as work and travel for work keeps me from doing most anything else. However, I have a Suburban frame in Atlanta, GA that I was going to use to build a second hummer kit. I also have the VIN plate and title for it. It is currently sitting on the stock springs. Since I assume you have the CUCV Blazer, this frame would have the proper wheel base and all of the CUCV stuff would move right over. Let me know if you are interested.

Return to Hummer Replica General Discussion