2001 Bummer for sale in Colorado

Need to part with your Hummer, so that you can start your next project? Find it a safe and happy home by posting here.

Moderator: the JoKeR

2001 Bummer for sale in Colorado

Postby aaronbuchanan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:14 pm

I have to sell my kit car due to a divorse. I am planning on putting it on E-Bay and wanted any advice or to see if there is any intrest in the group.

My vehicle is a Bummer that I purchased from the manufacturer (Tatonka) in Salt Lake City. Registered in Colorado as a custom built vehicle in 2001.
This vehicle is street legal and is capable of traveling in excess of 80mph, however this requires strict attention as it is an aggressive off road vehicle. This vehicle is approximately 8 foot tall. The gas mileage is approximately 9mpg and runs great on low grade unleaded.
The body is a heavy fiberglass body with a white gel coat.

• 7.4 Liter Mercury marine engine (Chevrolet 454) with Howell TBI fuel injection
• Corporate 14 full floating rear end with Detroit “C” Locker
• Turbo 400 transmission w/ cooler with NP 205 transfer case
• Custom built and powder coated ¼” thick 2” tube steel brush guard / roof and bed rack with 8 lights.
• Dual exhaust and Hi Amp alternator
• 42” TSL Super Swamper tires
• Sony CD / MP3 player with Infinity speakers
• Dual Fuel tanks
• Soft top w/ removable half doors
• Full cluster of VDO gauges

I talked to the manufacturer and he said they were selling strong. He also mentioned someone in Florida was upgrading some and selling in the $80,000 range.

With the racks and upgrades mine is about a $60,000 build. Any idea on what it is worth used?

Thanks
Aaron Buchanan
(720)934-8321
Aaron.Buchanan@navy.mil

aaronbuchanan
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby EvansvilleBrian » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:42 pm

WoW :shock:
It sounds really cool, I'd like to see pictures of it.
EvansvilleBrian
H1 Mentor
H1 Mentor

Postby hankavink » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:08 pm

It sounds like a sweet machine! I'm not sure what the market is for a "kit" hummer in that price range. The original Tremor was for sale by the 2nd owner and he couldn't get an offer at $30,000. If memory serves me someone could have bought it for $22,000 at one point. I could be wrong on that though.

One thing I do know is everyone loves pictures on here and the more you can post the better.

Good Luck!

Hank
hankavink
H1 Master
H1 Master

Postby aaronbuchanan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:11 am

Image (alt+p)

uploaded a picture, seeing if I can link it.

[/img]
Aaron Buchanan
aaronbuchanan
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby aaronbuchanan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:14 am

forgot to mention. I am 6'6" tall and wanted to have plenty of head room to wear a hat, so I had the windshield extended 3".
Aaron Buchanan
aaronbuchanan
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Return to Vehicles for Sale