MOVING SALE - GOING TO JAPAN FOR 5-YEARS - UG FOR SALE SOON

Need to part with your Hummer, so that you can start your next project? Find it a safe and happy home by posting here.

Moderator: the JoKeR

MOVING SALE - GOING TO JAPAN FOR 5-YEARS - UG FOR SALE SOON

Postby Bryan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:48 pm

We can't believe what we are saying - but very soon our UG will be for sale. I and the family are moving to Japan for 3-5 years to work for the US Navy.

After 3-1/2 years of working on our labor of love, and after having just been able to drive our beast, we are forced to consider selling it.

Right now we're working our punch list, and then we'll get it titled in Idaho. We'll drive it around a bit more, then it'll go on the market.

With $34K invested, we know we wont get it all back. We're thinking of $28K when we actually post it.

Take a look at our build site: www.suburbangorilla.com .
Donor was an '86 3/4-ton Suburban. Now titled and legal in the State of Idaho.
Bryan
H1 Mentor
H1 Mentor

Suburban Gorilla

Postby clerikbard » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:34 pm

Bryan,

I've watched the build as you'd post pics and commentary. I've scoured your site, and have a few questions.
1. Are the door locks mechanical or electric?
2. Where are the antenna, radio, CB?
3. Have you fixed your overheating problem? Layman's guess it is either a faulty thermostat, or a loose sensor. I'd sincerely like to know.

Bryan
clerikbard
H1 Freshman
H1 Freshman

Postby Bryan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:16 am

(1) Manual door locks. Door handles are stainless steel paddle handles with keyed cam-locks on each door.

(2) The AM/FM/CD is mounted in the top centerline of the dog house. the antenna for this radio is just aft of the front left tire, on the skin of the body. It's a small black rubber whip. The CB radio is mounted on the ceiling close to the driver, just aft of the billet aluminum rear view mirror. It's antenna is on the rear bumper, left side. It is a 6' whip. The CB also has a loud speaker connected. The 40W speaker is mounted on the underside of the hood. It really is loud too!

(3) I haven't spent much time on the temperature problem. It currently runs at 205-210 degrees. Hotter than I like, but only about 10-degrees hotter than my 2005 Chevy Suburban. What I need is a higher volume fan to get the temps back down to 190-degrees or so.

Hope that answers your questions.
Donor was an '86 3/4-ton Suburban. Now titled and legal in the State of Idaho.
Bryan
H1 Mentor
H1 Mentor

Specs

Postby clerikbard » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:31 pm

Bryan,

Thanks for the info. I have faith you will find the perfect owner of this labor of love.

Bryan
clerikbard
H1 Freshman
H1 Freshman

Postby EvansvilleBrian » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:23 pm

Wow :shock: Stay in touch :(
EvansvilleBrian
H1 Mentor
H1 Mentor

Return to Vehicles for Sale