Badlands kit in SE Michigan $2900

Need to part with your Hummer, so that you can start your next project? Find it a safe and happy home by posting here.

Moderator: the JoKeR

Badlands kit in SE Michigan $2900

Postby cruiserdar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:25 am

Badlands R/T steel body with fiberglass hood, doorskins and rear fenders. Similar to Urban Gorilla, but built with heavier gauge steel...kit retails for $9000. Fits a suburban or pickup with approx 130 inch wheelbase. Complete kit except for missing door latches and hinges. also includes bumper kit as well with D rings attached. This kit was never started. The body was stored outside in factory primer so it has some minor surface rust in the corners where the water puddled and on the tailgate....but is in good shape. It Is stored inside now...just add your suburban or pick up. $2900 or best offer. Call me at 248-640-3379 to take a look or email me for pictures . Located in Howell, Michigan. Body kit only, does not include frame, axles or tires. I also have a VERY clean GM 1 ton truck frame if your donor frame is rusted.

Email is

cruiserdar@yahoo.com
cruiserdar
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby capps » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:24 am

I pointed some chucks trucks guys in Orlando to your ad, but the site was archived ion January 1. There is also a post by mudbilly on pirate4x4 looking for a hummer kit. I believe he is in Illonois. You can post for free on both sites,
capps
H1 GOD
H1 GOD

Thanks

Postby cruiserdar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Hey Thanks I appreciate it....I may have talked to the guy in Ill. Figured I would try here again before I put it on ebay.

Dar
cruiserdar
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby capps » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:10 am

On pirate 4x4 he posted he was looking for a Hummer replica kit. It is worth a try to reply to his message. Could be a sale since he states he is looking for a Hummer Kit. Here is the link to make it easy.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641661&highlight=kit
Last edited by capps on Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capps
H1 GOD
H1 GOD

Thanks

Postby cruiserdar » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:37 am

Thanks I am on Pirates alot....I sent him an email.
cruiserdar
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

SOLD

Postby cruiserdar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:11 pm

SOLD Thanks!
cruiserdar
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby capps » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Who purchased the body kit?
capps
H1 GOD
H1 GOD

Postby cruiserdar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:19 pm

Allen R. from Virginia. Thanks for all the help!
cruiserdar
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby alsoffer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:07 pm

I purchased the kit. I found the kit on pirate posted from a user on here. I have no idea where to start on mounting the body. Alot of parts but no directions. I emailed the company for some, can't wait. I will start a build thread as soon as I start.
alsoffer
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby cruiserdar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:29 pm

Hey Allen Hope it works out great for you...Nice tow rig by the way...my boys loved it....send me some pics when you get it going......our club is going to Raush creek? this spring...if I go I'll give you a shout and see if you guy's will be there.

Thanks,

Dar
cruiserdar
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby capps » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:17 pm

There have been several Badlands builders pass through and several still frequent often. Should be able to get some first hand knowledge. Some even have great pictures to assist in your build. Check out this thread which even has photos of mounting the body....
http://h1forum.tremormuv.com/viewtopic.php?t=1474&start=0

And don't forget to also check out postings by baleibec who is also completing a Badlands currently....
http://h1forum.tremormuv.com/viewtopic.php?t=2299

Others did have posted photos, but due to broken links from old hosting they may not be available.
capps
H1 GOD
H1 GOD

Postby alsoffer » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:45 am

Thanks for the help. I still have not recieved any response from the manufacture. Does anyone know of a resource for the hardtop. I plan on taking apart the suburban this weekend. Will the original hummer top work on this replica?
alsoffer
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby EvansvilleBrian » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:11 pm

Congradulations, Allen and welcome.
I been following along here.
I went to Robyn's build thread and I'm betting very few Hummer or HMMWV parts would just 'fit' right on your kit.
Robin has/had a wagon style and the top apears to be fiberglass or some composite molded.

I suggest you:

1. start new a thread under
"Show the world your Hummer Replica", here, on the front page.
And get some digital pics on there through a picture hosting site. (I use photobucket.com) Pictures are like stinky bait to catfish on this forum. You have the kit at home, so you have started it.

2. PM the other Badlands Builders or jump in their thread- they should get an e-mail alert right away.

3. read the other build postings and just ask around. There's no flaming here, like 'other' forums. Everyone seems eager to help out.

4. I'd ask the Urban Gorilla kit mfr about it, I'm sure they researched the other kit mfr's- couldnt hurt.

But being the top, you got some time to find out what you want to do. If you can weld and fabricate, you could skin the top yourself once you hang the doors and make a driprail and have the B and C pillars on.

Good luck, we'll be here.
MOORE WELDING & FABRICATION E'ville IN.
HMMWV Fabricated Body on '89 K2500 Donor 5.7
96 K2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel. Future Donor?
EvansvilleBrian
H1 Mentor
H1 Mentor

Postby capps » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:26 pm

The kit is a Badlands and not an Urban Gorilla. Originally they bought and copied an Urban Gorilla kit before modifying it to be there own. This was before it was sold to the current owners. The Classic Roadsters website offers the roof as follows:
BADLANDS OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES | Back to Top
Hardtop (Pick-up Type) Package.........….$1,590
a.) Mounting hardware
b.) Insulated headliner
c.) Rubber extrusion for mounting rear window
(glass supplied by customer)
d.) Steel tie-down panel
e.) Template for rear glass
f. ) Top to coach seals

Between this, or building it yourself like the TremorMUV, you should not have any problems finding a solution.
capps
H1 GOD
H1 GOD

Postby alsoffer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:38 pm

The kit has a sell date of 2001. I am not sure if this is the old style or new style. I have sent several emails and left numerous voicemails. They still have not replied. There is a completed unit on ebay for $9995 with no reserve. I am thinking of going that route.
alsoffer
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Next

Return to Vehicles for Sale