TremorMUV for sale - partially completed

Need to part with your Hummer, so that you can start your next project? Find it a safe and happy home by posting here.

Moderator: the JoKeR

TremorMUV for sale - partially completed

Postby PsychoDragon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:28 am

I have too many irons in the fire and I need to start letting some projects go. I am relucently putting up my TremorMUV up for sale. It's built on a 1979 Chevy K20 pickup truck. It has a 350 carbed engine with a lot of Edelbrock upgrades, Turbo 400 Transmission and a NP203 transfercase. The main body frame has been completed. The lower floorpans have been welded on. It needs to have sheetmetal put in for the bed and tunnel. I have a piece of sheetmetal large enough to do the whole bed/tunnel as one piece. The engine has been moved back and installed with a new crossmember. The transmission has a temporary crossmember in place to hold the assembly up. You can use the temporary crossmember but it will need to be gusseted and finish welded. The rear driveshaft has been shortened and installed. It comes with a 22 gallon fuel cell from Summit Racing and a remote fill nozzle adaptor (not mounted). I have a coil of steel fuel hardlines to run from the tank to the engine that is included. I already sanded/wirebrushed the entire chassis and painted it. The front brakes have been replaced with new lines, rotors, and calipers.

To get it started:
Mount fuel cell and run fuel lines.
Mount battery
Mount up radiator
Top off fluids
Attach old wiring harness to starter and ignition
(This will start the truck and you can reach over to the transmission shift linkage right next to the driver to pop it in reverse/drive to roll it back and forth)

To get it driving:
Do what is listed above
Install shifter of your choice
Mount gas pedal and connect linkage
Add a carrier bearing to the steering joint linkage to keep it from flopping around.
Install driver's seat

To complete it:
Everything listed above
Wire up lights
Build the doghouse and trim out interior
Install bed/tunnel sheetmetal
Replace seals in axle and transmission shift linkage
Fab up bumpers if desired.
Paint and various finish work

It includes the following HMMWV parts:
HMMWV hood - some cracks and broken corner but easily repaired
Winshield frame
B-pillar
C-pillar
4-man soft top and bows
4 soft doors and related parts
Rear passenger and driver fender
Hood straps
Tailgate
Fuel Filler Trim

You can find photos here: http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a202/ ... choHumvee/

I'm looking for $5,000 for everything. There's a lot more bits and pieces that come with this truck but it's too tedious to list every part.

It is located in Cartersville, Georgia. Shipping from here to Salt Lake City, Utah is $985 to give you a ballpark idea how much shipping will be. It is door to door according to the shipping company.

PsychoDragon
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby allthenamesweretaken » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:02 am

your breaking my heart...youv done a good job so far. Have you thought about putting it on ebay?
allthenamesweretaken
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Still for sale?

Postby el.capitan_31 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 pm

I live down in Savannah, GA and would be very interested in stopping by to take a look at your project. It appears to be exactly what I'm looking for in a project at the moment. Well done from what I can see!
el.capitan_31
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby PsychoDragon » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:31 am

You're welcome to stop by anytime to check it out. :)
PsychoDragon
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby TKDchamp » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:49 pm

PsychoDragon wrote:You're welcome to stop by anytime to check it out. :)

Hey, I'm new to the forum. Did you ever sell this?
TKDchamp
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby capps » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:53 pm

He did sell it, but last week I saw a guy in Cumming Georgia with it for sale on Atlanta craigslist.
capps
H1 GOD
H1 GOD

Return to Vehicles for Sale