Badlands Hummer Kit and Donor For Sale

Talk about your your Hummer Replica, or the machine you want to build

Moderator: the JoKeR

Badlands Hummer Kit and Donor For Sale

Postby urbanhummer » Wed May 18, 2005 7:49 pm

This Badlands Kit belongs to a friend of mine. Since he took delivery of the kit He hasn't done a single thing to it. It has been stored in his shop, protected from the elements since the day he got it. I did not provide any photos because it looks as if it just rolled off the Kit Manufacturer assembly line. Photos of the kit can be seen at the ClassicRoadsters.com web site. The kit is the standard 4 man Hardtop pick-up. It comes with:

Steel Tub
Fiberglass top
Fiberglass Hood
4 doors with fiberglass skins
Fiberglass Dashboard
Fiberglass rear quarter panels
Front and rear bumpers
Battery tray
Lockable pass through kit
Headliner Foam for interior
Wheel well kit
Misc parts and hardware kit

The Donor is a 1987 Suburban 4X4, 3/4 ton with automatic trany. The engine is a NEW "Target Master 350" purchased directly from GM that has 5K original miles on it. The Donor is in excellent mechanical condition. There are many additional parts provided with this package that I did not list.

My friend will deliver the kit locally in New Jersey only, all others need to make other shipping arrangements. My friend is looking for a quick sale because he just purchased some hunting land in New York and he needs the cash. All offers will be considered.

I wanted to list this on the H1Forum before I listed it on EBAY to give the guys on this forum first crack at a good deal. My only regret is that there wasn't a deal like this when I purchased my kit and donor.

Thanks guys

This is also posted in the For Sale Section of this Forum.
urbanhummer
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Postby urbanhummer » Thu May 19, 2005 2:37 pm

I am posting this update in response to the recent inquiries into the price of the kit.

I just spoke to my friend and he said he had over $4K into the donor plus the cost of the Badlands Kit. Based on that, he would like to get around $10,500 but he will consider other offers. Even at that price someone could save about $6K off the price of a new kit and a donor in the same condition as his.

The best part is that this kit is available now, so you don't waste the summer waiting for your kit to be built, or looking for that perfect donor. My kit is based on the same Chevy 4X4, 3/4 ton. 350ci with Auto Trans. Personally, I think this is the way to go for a useful daily driver. I spent the better part of a year looking for my donor and I finally had to compromise and buy my donor with a 4 speed manual and convert over to Auto. If anyone is really serious about building one of these vehicles, save yourself the time, money, and aggrivation and buy this kit from my friend.
urbanhummer
H1 Neophyte
H1 Neophyte

Return to Hummer Replica General Discussion